Thursday, September 22, 2011

My Sprouting Adventure

So in an effort to eat more healthy fresh food, I have decided that I will incorporate fresh sprouted seeds, beans and legumes into my diet.

I followed the directions given by this chicky on her youtube video. It seemed like the easiest way, plus I had all the materials!

So my first sprouts I shall attempt are fenugreek seeds. I've read a little bit of information on them and they seem to have some pretty good properties. They are supposed to contain all of these vitamins: A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B15, B17, C, D, E, H, choline, folic acid, inositol, PABA. Pretty cool huh? It's also supposed to be a good blood cleanser, good for detoxing, helps to reduce mucus (yummo!). So I may as well give these babies a shot. The seeds are ground up and often used in curry powders. But I'm going to sprout them and eat them as little sprouts and also let some grow leaves and add them to salads!


Here's how my little fellas look while they are in their soaking phase:

2 comments:

  1. I'll be interested to see how this turns out for you! I've never tried sprouting; I'm a bit intimidated by the process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am soo slack! Haven't been updating my blog. But the sprouts were very successful! I'm up to my third batch of fenugreek sprouts. They sprouted within a couple of days. :)

    ReplyDelete