Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Vegan and Athletic

So I write Vegan, when in fact I'm not. I am what is called a ovo-vegetarian. This means I eat eggs. However, I only eat the eggs produced by my lovely chookies and duckies. I have 3 duckies, 1 (mean, asshole of a) rooster, 4 young hens and 4 senior citizen hens-they are like 10 years old and are very lovely. We call them the 'retired girls'. I also have a beautiful cat Butters, who is seriously the apple of my eye. I love him soooo much and he loves me:)...I also have another cat, Kani, who isn't quite as cool as Butters, but she's still pretty special...Oh I have cockatiel as well who is the most beautiful bird I've met. I don't particularly like birds in cages, but my brother bought it and the abandoned it so Mum and I are looking after him.
Kani checking out the garbo out the front


My cheeky ducks checking out the pool.
Little Jerry being charming

He is so FREAKING ADORABLE!!!
Okay so pets, umm chooks, eggs, non-vegan...Oh yeah, so my point-I'm not a proper vegan as such but I do have a very limited intake of animal products (eggs). Basically I have been into the gym since I left highschool in 2005 (despised all forms of PE in school), and have been conscious of my strength and fitness. This year, my friends and I have set (the MASSIVE) challenge of participating in a 100km trek from Mt Glorious to Mt Cootha in Brisbane for Oxfam...I think I have the link somewhere in my old posts.

So I am in 'training' at the moment i.e. I go for jogs/walks at least 4 times a week, plus a cardio and strength based boxing session once a week. I'm hoping that my training will equip me for the trek as I want to be able to pull of such a feat without having consumed copious (well any) amounts of meat or dairy. I will keep everyone posted on how my training goes for 100km and eventual (fingers crossed)  completion!

2 comments:

  1. i love the photo of your ducks made me giggle, i just adore ducks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left my front door open just before and they came inside until they spotted me and legged it! ^_^

    ReplyDelete