Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Vegan Sweets

I love chocolate and dessert! Om nom nom! I couldn't care less about boiled lollies or gummy lollies YUCK! But I am quite fond of chocolate, cakes, slices, muffins, cheesecakes etc.

So my first attempt at making a vegan dessert was a vegan mousse. I got the recipe from http://www.suite101.com/content/chocolate-recipe-vegan-chocolate-avocado-mousse-a289878 

*NOTE* this is not my recipe

 
Vegan Chocolate Mousse
Makes About Six Small Servings

Ingredients:

•3 ripe avocados

•1/4 cup of cocoa powder

•3/4 cup of maple syrup

•1/2 tablespoon vanilla

•1/2 teaspoon sea salt

•1/4 cup vanilla soy or almond milk (1/8 of a cup if you want it thicker)

Method:
1.Remove pits and brown spots from avocados.

2.Spoon ripe avocado out of the peel and place in food processor.

3.Add cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla, and start blending.

4.Add milk slowly while it blends.

5.When smooth, chill and serve.

6.Add more cocoa powder or maple syrup to taste.



Okay, so my omni Mum, Dad and partner LOVED this! I on the other hand was completely freaked out by it and couldn't eat any of it:S I think it was because either 
a) I was feeling a little upset in the tummy when I was making it and tasted some and it made me feel worse, so when I tried it again it just made me think of feeling sick, or
b) Sweet avocado?? They were such yummy looking avo's that I would have looooved to have eaten on toast...but then I turned them into something very un-avocadoey.

However, bonus that the rest of the fam loved it!:)

Stay tuned for my attempt at making other (non avocado) sweets! 

No comments:

Post a Comment